6.25.2008

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner - Dark Brown

You know that episode of Sex and The City where Carrie starts seeing her high school boyfriend again, and wonders if she had it right the first time around? Well, now I know I did.

I hope not all makeup lovers are as fickle as I am, because then I might not be able to trust anyone else's opinion ever again. Then again, if I didn't listen to others (ahem, mostly San and MUA) once in a while, I might not have found some of my current (and likely more long-lasting) favorites. To that list, I will now have to add Wet 'n' Wild's Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown (new shade!) and take back many an eyeliner rant on this blog.

In my exhausting quest to find the perfect eyeliner, San encouraged me to give cream/liquid eyeliners a try. I hesitated because I didn't think I had time for that in the morning. Through most of high school and college, black liquid eyeliner was a staple, but only for getting "dressed-up" when time wasn't really a factor. But to be honest, I actually hate pencil eyeliners. They're just kind of annoying and not-fun to use. It's like taking a wax crayon to one of the most awkward parts of your face. I think I would rather use a Sharpie.

Sometime ago, I decided pencils were more subtle and sophisticated. Consequently, I spent many a shopping trip in Sephora and drugstores and settled on a few reliable ones. Most of the time though, I curse the entire eyeliner application process and wish there was an easier way to get the look I want.

So much for evolving. Why have I bothered this entire time??? After reading a glowing review for this Wet 'n' Wild liner in regular brown, I went out to buy it and instead found the latest, rich Dark Brown that the company has introduced. I thought hard and decided that perhaps I need to return to my roots and give the liquid a shot again. I've used it only twice so far and am sold. We really did know better back then. Sigh.

The thin brush can be a little annoying (the H20 Proof one has a felt tip, so that might be worth trying too), but nothing to really complain about. This allows a quick, precise application with rich color payoff. It is exactly the deep brown I have been looking for. Also, fixing liquid eyeliner is easier than one would think - you can dab hard to take off some of the liquid or smudge a bit into the lash line if there is extra, let it set for a few seconds, and go.

I love this product because it is so damn cheap and easy to carry around. I will still give some gel/cream liners a try but I'm definitely going to get another Wet 'n' Wild one in the same dark brown color - 1 for home, 1 for the bag. $2.99 @ Drugstores

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com