6.22.2008

Posh Retractable Kabuki Brush

Ever since Sania whipped out her retractable brush at Sephora to swipe some NARS' Taos over my cheeks, and ever since I discovered CG Cheekers Blush in Golden Pink, I knew I had to find the perfect brush. I already have the economical and eco-friendly brush set from Eco Tools, but those are proper, long-handled brushes whose portability isn't so great. I know this because one morning at work, I stuffed the blush brush in my pocket along with blush to apply in the bathroom - felt like a handy-man. Not efficient or ideal in the least.

Sania pointed me towards the popular Posh makeup brushes available at KMART. I loved her retractable kabuki, and had been eying TheBalm's Mini Kabuki Brush (a steal for $10), so the Posh Retractable Kabuki Brush seemed like the natural choice. I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of this brush and how much of a difference it truly made in applying my face powder and blush.

The soft bristles didn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, and picked up just the right amount of blush and powder. This is the first brush I've ever used for powder and I can't believe I was this late in doing so - those stupid little sponges don't do squat! I loved the natural, buffed look it gave with powder, but it may be a bit too large for applying blush, especially since the CG compact is just a rectangular pan of color and you have to dip a few times to coat the brush evenly - it would have been perfect for a large round compact or a pot of color. I may give the Retractable Blush Brush a try to see if it the smaller shape makes a difference.

Makeup brushes are often more expensive than the makeup itself and although I've been intrigued by makeup tools like M.AC.'s Brush #187, this is an "investment" that I haven't particularly cared to make. Now that I've discovered Posh, however, it's easy to reap the benefits of good tools for makeup application. The best part? You can take these sturdy, retractable babies with you anywhere. The regular-sized ones are just a couple of bucks more, and the kabuki comes in a neat little leather case. At these prices, it's well worth it, especially if you regularly use face makeup. They are more expensive if ordered from the company website, so hunt them down at your local KMART or other health/beauty store - you won't regret it. $30.00 @ Posh ; $12.99 @ KMART

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com