6.26.2008

L'Oreal FeatherLash

I bought this on sale at Duane Reade for, like, less than $4. How can you go wrong with something at that price? Even with the kinks, it's still pretty much worth it. But I do hope that kind of thinking isn't coloring my views on L'Oreal's FeatherLash (water- resistant) in Black.

As I've mentioned several times before, mascara really isn't my thing. My lashes are already rather curly and usually, one swipe of a good liner is enough. It's not that I think both look too dramatic, but usually when I wear liner, the mascara doesn't make all that of a difference (in my opinion) - I prefer to wear it alone.

This mascara is definitely perfect for that naturally defined look that is still a bit inky and glossy (the look I like best). At one point I was all about getting Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara but I think this may just be the drugstore answer to it.

FeatherLash has a nice, full bristle brush. When I first applied it, I thought it was going on somewhat like Maybelline's Great Lash (which I have not used in years and I basically think sucks) and making me look like I have 3 lashes. But then it spread out a bit and my lashes, more defined and full, returned. This could potentially need a lash comb depending on how much you apply and your lashes, but that probably goes for most mascaras.

The formula is nice and thin without being runny, and lasted me all day without a single trace of raccoon eye. I planned on removing this first with cold cream and then eye-makeup remover, but I don't think anything even came off with the cold cream - it must have flaked off by that time of day, which is a good thing because it was 10:30 pm. I would've been scared if it had started to colonize my lashes and refused to go. I'm glad this won't require extra cleaning.

I like the no-fuss packaging - a simple silver tube and gold cap. Another very portable product. There were absolutely 0 clumps, and lashes felt soft and light - I hate the usual creamy mascara heaviness. This would look great alone and can create both everyday and more dramatic looks. After drying, the brush seems to get caught on the the lashes a bit if you try to apply more, but I can live with that.

I've read that this is one of the few good brown mascaras so it's probably a good bet if that's what you prefer. Also, it appears that this (or perhaps an earlier version) comes in 2 brush types - curved and straight. I definitely have the straight one but the packaging hadn't indicated that.

I've used L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara before but I think I like this better. I hope this isn't being discontinued - it could be since it was on sale. $7.95 @ Drugstore.com

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com