6.10.2008

Quarter Life Challenge - Blush 3

The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Bronze


Yes, I know what you're thinking - that's not a blush, that's a bronzer! So I'm cheating just a tad bit, but I love this stuff so much that I had to include it in this series.

Now, The Body Shop is not really known for their cosmetics. But they do have a great products that perform as well, if not better, than mainstream luxury brands. This is not to say that they're cheap because, well, they're not. The Body Shop cosmetics are priced on par with brands such as Clinique and MAC.

I should probably also mention that I only picked this up because I really wanted the gift with purchase that The Body Shop was offering that week - but it turned out to be a great decision!

Shimmer Waves is essentially a collection of 5 different colors of blush, bronzer and highlighters that range from the deepest brown to a shimmery cream color. When swirled together and brushed on to your cheeks, they create this amazing sheen. It's not a color per se, but it's almost as if you're radiating with a golden glow.

Given that I am indeed a brown girl, why on earth would I need a bronzer? Well, the Shimmer Waves are unique in the sense that they're not adding a brown cast to the skin, but rather a sun-kissed one. A light dusting on my cheeks, the tip of my nose, and my forehead (everywhere the sun would hit naturally) gives me the look of having spent the day at the beach. To paraphrase something I heard recently on a Bare Escentuals infomercial, it's not just the look of having been in the sun, it's the look of 'maybe a little too much sun'. Trust me on this one, it's a good look. Very glam.

The great thing about the striated appearance of this blush/bronzer is that you can easily tailor it to your needs. If you swipe more of the brown and copper shades, you can definitely amp up the brown in your skin by a shade or two. If you focus on the sheer cream and pink shades, it makes a great highlighter for your cheekbones. I've read that the stripes can individually be used as eyeshadows - but I haven't tried it myself.

My one gripe about the product is that it could come in a nicer compact - I'm a sucker for nice packaging. Right now it just comes in a clear plastic compact, and the lack of mirror can occasionally be a pain in the butt.

If you're not ready to commit to a full-on bronzer, The Body Shop's Shimmer Waves are definitely a good baby step into the pool.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com