6.16.2008

Atina Hair Shine

If you are a curly/wavy-haired gal like me, chances are you have at some point or another used an anti-frizz hair serum or cream. I myself was a fan of John Frieda's Frizz-Ease for a very long time. It was quite helpful in taming the frizz and showing off my natural waves, but also somewhat expensive - about $9.00 for 1.7 oz. I preferred this to other anti-frizz products because serum spreads more evenly through the hair and is lightweight. Most hair potions require large amounts for and weight down thick or wavy hair.

I used Johnny boy's serum on-again and off-again for a while (the little bottle does last a long time) and then promptly forgot about it. I'm a firm believer in using any old face/body lotion rubbed into your hands and smoothed over your hair instead. Recently though, I ventured to an Indian beauty salon with a friend on Long Island and she insisted that I try the Atina Hair Shine.

I didn't think it was possible, but this is a *great* replacement for the Frizz-Ease. At about $9.00 for 4 oz, it's also a steal. Plus, the serum has a very light, herbal-y fragrance which I love - I guess that's what makes this "natural" and "ayurvedic" and supposedly "Indian." I rub about a nickel-sized amount into my hair when wet, or just to tame when it's dry. Great to have on hand. $9.00 @ Rani Spas

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com