6.11.2008

The Good Witch

I'm generally not a fan of any beauty/skincare routine that has more than 2 steps. 3 steps are just way out there, and I can't even conceive of more than that. Which is why I've never understood the cleanse, tone, moisturize regimen. I've always felt that using 3 products twice a day is just too much. Since my skin problems began, I've always mixed it up a bit. Only used a toner or astringent during hot/humid weather or when I had make-up, avoid using cleanser twice a day, etc. I did, of course, have all three products, at least through college.

During that time, I alternated between Clean & Clear's Deep Cleansing Astringent and Oil of Olay's Refreshing Toner. I stopped using either one for sometime because I thought they might be drying out my skin.

In India, I started using rose water instead because it was so cheap and I liked the smell. This definitely worked quite well. But I had always liked the smell of the Oil of Olay toner and remembered that it contained witch hazel (a plant with astringent properties used in various herbal remedies), which you can buy separately as a natural alternative to regular toners/cleansers. So I bought a bottle of Dickenson's Witch Hazel Daily Facial Toner, and am quite pleased. It doesn't smell great, but it gets rid of extra dirt/grime, makeup, and other residue without drying out your skin. I use it only a few times a week, but it's safe for daily use. Just dab some on a cotton ball and swipe. There is a Cleansing Astringent too, and they are both basically the same thing. Definitely very refreshing, very natural, inexpensive, and does it's job well. $3.59 @ Drugstores.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com