6.19.2008

Flashy Brown

Get it? Like Foxy Brown? Sigh. I tried. If you've read the initial mumbo-jumbo I posted here, you'll know that I'm a bit obsessed with finding The Perfect Eyeliner for Everything and Every Individual Thing. It doesn't help that there are so many formulas (kohl, cream, glitter, metallic) and shades (everything from black to violet to green to aqua) nowadays.

While I've settled on a great long-lasting pencil from Make Up Forever (read about it here) as well as a great everyday black/brown from Almay, I'm now taken by the idea of a cool metallic liner for the summer or for going out - a great "black pearl" or deep metallic brown would hit the spot right about now! Since I'm also always on the hunt for the most reasonably-priced products, I have been making sure to check out Sephora's expanded collection of liners, although to no avail.

Then yesterday, I came upon the Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Brown #06.
I tried it on my hand and thought wow - the first truly deep, metallic chocolate bronze I have seen thus far. Usually the metallic browns are too light, and tend to disappear on my skin tone. I think this one just might work though. It was very easy to apply and the color was rich and distinct.

I also found it to go on smoother than comparable liners (like Urban Decay's 24/7 metallics) which are just sort of - weird. I don't like any of their browns and there is always something off about the "metallic" sheen. This is definitely more along the lines of what I think a metallic liner should be. Previously, I felt that the metallics were reflecting too much light and not giving enough definition, but I'm willing to give them a try again with the right one.

I haven't bought it yet because I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it, but for the price, it may just be worth picking up - maybe I'll get one in Black Pearl, too - you know, just for fun. $8.00 @ Sephora

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com