7.09.2008

Specialty Lingerie at My Intimacy

We often often forget that in addition to what we wear on the outside, what we wear underneath it all is much more important. Yes, I'm talking about underwear. Bras specifically. I happen to be rather well-endowed so have struggled with this issue for a while now.

I had one of those completely seemingly-superficial moments while watching Oprah a few years ago. The episode featured a specialty lingerie store and discussed how most women in America wear the wrong bra size, and how this can negatively contribute to your overall look, as well as your physical well-being (bad bras, bad neck/shoulders/back).

It is sad but true that most department stores and lingerie chains like Victoria's Secret don't actually carry a wide selection of well-made bras in sizes that real women need. A few brands like Wacoal carry larger sizes in select stores, but they are often hard to find.

The boutique featured on Oprah was My Intimacy (you must check out their website and visit a store if you can) which has locations in New York, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, and Miami. Let me tell you, discovering this little shop and the details of a fine bra fit changed my life. I had never really been fitted for a bra except for one or two slightly odd experiences at Victoria's Secret. I spent almost an hour in the store getting properly fitted by people who clearly knew what they were doing and made me feel comfortable.

My Intimacy carries fine European lingerie that is worth every penny. Some brands that they carry include Prima Donna, Chantelle, Aubade, La Breeza, FayreForm, Simone Perele, Marie Jo, and L'Aventure. Since I started wearing these bras, it has been exponentially easier to find tops and shirts that fit, and I'm much more comfortable throughout the day wearing them. They offer real support for day-long wear, pretty designs, and impeccable fit. Plus, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and offer good suggestions on how to clean and maintain your lingerie. Even better, they do free alterations.

Once you know your size, you are free to find discounted ones from the same designers or other lingerie retailers like Wacoal online. Still, I find that going to the store itself is best. They also carry lots of goodies that you would never think of, like underarm pads for outfits or days when you absolutely cannot afford any sweat stains, and clear bra straps.

The bras are no doubt, expensive. They start at about $60 and go up from there depending on the brand and make. Again, extremely worth it. I would actually venture to say that it is worth saving all your makeup money for these, especially if you need the support in that area. Once you have it, you will be much more happy with what you've got!

1 comments:

Kabrini's Secret said...

Nice website!
Lots of good information and advise.

Looking forward future articles.

Kabrini's Secret
Beautiful SeXy Plus Size Lingerie

 
template by suckmylolly.com