7.09.2008

Groomed and Polished

So let's set the record straight here. I'm not a 'put together' kind of gal - contrary to what you may think based on this blog. I'm not always well-coiffed. I don't have an amazing and/or unique fashion sense, and I'd probably walk around in jeans all the time if life would let me.

Even when it comes to makeup, I do make an effort to put some on, but it usually doesn't happen in the morning before I leave for work.  Makeup is applied in stolen moments before meetings, at my desk or in the ladies' room at the office.

But regardless of how un-stylish I may look or feel on a given day, there is one aspect of my routine that I can feel good about - my nails.  I discovered early on in life that a few coats of shiny nail lacquer can make me feel everything from dainty and feminine to super-cool rocker chic.  That little pop of color makes my day just that much brighter.  

You're welcome to disagree, but there's something about well-polished nails that's so very Jackie O. But unlike the pale pinks I imagine her to have worn, I like to branch out a bit when it comes to color. The bolder the better.

Here are a few polishes that I adore from various 2008 nail collections:

Essie Secret Stash from the Summer 2008 collection. This bright blue-based pink is intriguing; I consider it to be the color of a pair of Barbie's shoes. But because it has a jelly quality to it, it has an unusual depth of color. And I can't decide if it's more pink or purple. Very refreshing for the summertime.  





Essie Bermuda Shorts from the Essie Neons collection. I debated myself endlessly on the merits of this one; finally, I just had to have it. It's an amazing neon purple that's a total throwback to the 80's - I love it! The only thing to note about this one is that it dries matte, so make sure you have a shiny topcoat handy if you're not into that sort of thing.







OPI Dating a Royal from the Mod About Brights collection.  Such a gorgeous royal blue creme; I can't stop looking at my hands when I'm wearing it.  But this one will get you a few looks, for sure.

1 comments:

Truckspotter said...

I'm somewhat of an 80s child and I love purple so the Bermuda Shorts is a must - anyway, I work in non-profit and no one cares how I look :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com