7.01.2008

More on HiP Jelly Balm

So yesterday I finally got my hands on my own little pot of L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balm in Luscious. San has been holding this gem for me for days now and reviewed it earlier, and I cannot believe I couldn't make a place for it in my bag sooner.

Jelly Balm is more pigmented than I thought it would be, but I'm glad that like most pot glosses/balms, the color didn't just disappear on my lips. The consistency was somewhere between a balm and regular gloss - not too thick but not at all gooey. It also left little residue on my fingers, which is unfortunately, what I used to apply it. I like it so much though, I may be tempted to get a retractable lip brush.

Luscious is a true berry shade that will probably look good on just about everyone, but particularly those with darker skintones. I love the not-just-a-tint-but-not-a-lipstick-or-gloss effect, as well as the buildable color. There is no shimmer and no lipstick pastiness. The lasting power is decent, too. It definitely works for day makeup, but I prefer Luscious for evening because this shade makes my lips pop - I'd like to try another one for day.

I imagine that lip tints/balms like Benefit's Benetint Lip Balm and Benetint Pocket Pal, MAC's Tendertones, Laura Mercier Lip Stain, have a similar effect. However, I think the Jelly Balm's price and color range make it far more worth it than similar, more expensive products.

One of my favorite new products that is versatile enough to deserve a place in anyone's makeup bag. $8.99 @ Walgreen's

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com