5.19.2008

Lessons Learned

In addition to losing my mind lately, I learned the hard way what it means to lose your cosmetics bag. I never even used to have one. I used to throw some lip guck, an eyeliner, and the necessary face powder which I never use into my bag to make myself feel like a grown-up. Recently, I decided to use the little pouch that came with my fake Gucci/Coach bag to feel like a more pulled-together grown-up. And what did I fill this little pouch with? All the goodies I have been indulging in from DR and Sephora. It really did make me feel oh-so pulled-together and ready to take on the world. I even started to use some of what was in it. My perfect black/brown Almay eyeliner was getting a lot of play, and it was fun to poke around and experiment with other products throughout the day when I was bored.

And then. Then, I had a crazy social week and could barely keep track of my stuff. I mean, I was leaving/losing things all over the place. I still don't know how my work ID card landed on my friend's 2nd floor windowsill. On Saturday, I headed into the city for work and partying later, and of course, was excited to fill the little black cosmetics bag with more fun party things that might make me look like a drag queen later. By tea time, when I needed a streak of eyeliner to see a friend I have not seen in ages, I realized it was nowhere to be found. Searched my bag (which is always huge) through and through to no avail. Its not at home. I have to call the LIRR and Mt. Sinai lost and found - maybe I left it on the train or during work? My friend, who I refer to as the Universe, says this is a sure sign that I need some mental rest. So last night, I went to sleep at 8, and certainly feel calmer and less like this is some grand tragedy.

However, lesson learned: I was previously right in never spending much on make-up. When its gone, you feel like the biggest idiot for losing something so frivolous and expensive.

BTW, I tried a waterproof Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner the other day and there is still a trace of it on my hand. SCARY.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com