5.27.2008

Apricot Scrub Gets a Facelift?

I'm a marketer. By profession, that is. I spend my days trying to determine how consumers behave and how to capture their interest.

And yet, at the same time, I'm the world's biggest sap when it comes to marketing. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some things I see and raise an eyebrow at. But when it comes down to a friend recommending a product (I'm looking at you, Suman!) or a huge, slick-looking campaign for something nifty, I'm putty in your hands oh ad gurus!

Case in point, during the course of work one day, I came across this site - Get a Happy Face. It's part of a campaign for a new line of St. Ives' products - St. Ives Elements. I haven't used anything St. Ives in ages, probably since I was in high school. All us girls thought St. Ives Apricot Scrub was big league, but alas, I've since moved on.

And yet, this new line of products with a more holistic premise and its chic sitelet is starting to suck me in. St. Ives' core products such as scrubs and cleansers have been revamped, all centered around a more organic, sulfate- and dye-free premise, with ingredients such as olive oil and jojoba.

Knowing St. Ives, it's probably not that expensive either. In particular, the "Warming Scrub" and the "Olive Cleanser" look interesting. Frankly, I'm hoping the Warming Scrub is the 21st century version of the Apricot one we all know and love.

Next time I'm in the drugstore, I'll certainly poke around. Here's to hoping that it lives up to expectations! I especially hope that it's gentle and not strongly fragranced - I find that I'm getting particularly intolerant of strongly scented washes, soaps, etc. I'll do some digging and will report back...!

2 comments:

Truckspotter said...

I've been meaning to try the olive oil cleanser ;)

Kanan said...

I used to use the St.Ives' scrubbing stuff on face and all but it was too harsh for my skin and left it burning after the use. Since then I've moved on to Aveeno stuff. It's awesome. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com