5.20.2008

Black, blacker, blackest?

What is it with cosmetics companies and labeling their colors? A quick scan of the mascara aisle presents options in: Black, Rich Black, Very Black, Black-Black, Soft Black, Blackest Black, Carbon Black.

I mean - how different are 'black', 'very black', and 'carbon black' mascara really?

Weren't we all taught in grade-school science that black isn't a color anyway? It's the absence of color. Does that mean the blacker the mascara, the more nonexistent it is?

1 comments:

Truckspotter said...

We are so very much on the same wavelength lately. I was just thinking this yesterday because I got an Clinique Quickliner in "Really Black." There was also just "Black." And then Bourjois had "Luminous coal" in French. I don't get it. I don't even get Carbon Black. There's also the new "blackened" this, that. I think Trish might appreciate this distinctions though ;)

 
template by suckmylolly.com