8.12.2008

NYX Love

I've heard so much about NYX products and have unfortunately, never tried any. Once, I found a huge display of their products in a Canadian store - I loved the texture of the eye shadows, but never bought any. San has love for an NYX blush (read about it here) and I've been itching to explore this line.

NYX is notoriously hard to find. I've been in drugstores where there is a single, lonely NYX product lying around without a price tag or display. So when San whipped out a cool NYX eye pencil the other day and told me where I could find it, I was happy to check it out and purchase some great products from the line. I bought a Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries, Powder Blush in Pecan, and Trio Eye Shadow palette in Guru.

French Fries is a chubby-wubby, friendly, creamy pencil in a basic bronze shade. This didn't show up spectacularly on my lids, but it was great for the inner corner of my eyes and would be more visible with some primer or a base. This was so easy to work with - the color stayed put and wasn't too creamy/smudgy. A little difficult to blend but the pencil allows you achieve whatever level of precision you prefer very easily.


Guru includes 3 warm, sheer neutrals (pink champagne, light bronze, and light, coppery pink) that were neither matte nor too shimmery. Great shades for work and daily wear if you just want to brighten your eyes up a bit, and a smooth, blendable texture that is on par with higher-end products. Pure loveliness. I wish there had been more trios available as these are a just tad too light for me (but still very usable and versatile) - after checking them out on the website, I'd like to try TS24 (shimmer, peach, copper) and many others.


Now the show-stopper. Pecan. What a blush. I know I've proven to be very fickle in my tastes but I really do love Pecan. It solves many of my recent Blush Issues. I was finding some to be too pink to wear comfortably all the time, especially on bad-skin days, but didn't like the blush/bronzer duos I've come across and couldn't commit to more expensive ones like Cargo's Beach Blush. I layered some blushes with my L'Oreal HiP bronzer but using 2 products is just annoying and I don't love that bronzer due to its shimmer factor.

I should mention that I've also generally been interested in trying bronzer. Granted, I didn't explore much because I felt that bronzer for my skin tone would be a bit difficult to find. Additionally, my skin is perfectly warm enough for me - I wasn't sure if bronzer would make it or break it. I wanted something that would complement it without too much color or muddiness.

Pecan is the answer! It looks like a very dark, coppery brown, bronzer in the pan but goes on like some wonderful new interpretation of "brick" blush. It is a slightly ruddy brown that creates a warm flush and hints at cheekbones (plenty of cheek here, little bone). This particular blush has an extremely fine, gold shimmer that is barely noticeable once applied but of course, enhances the overall effect.

I'm so satisfied and impressed - for just under $16.00 total and this level of quality, how could you not be? Jumbo Eye Pencil, $2.99; Powder Blush, $5.99; Trio Eye Shadow, $6.99 @ Select drugstores or NYXcosmetics.com

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com