10.31.2008

L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eye Liner - Defined by Plum

Finally, a purple/plum liner that lives up to its name. While this limited edition liquid eye liner from L'Oreal isn't perfect, it has temporarily satisfied my purple obsession.

First, what I like - the color. This is a deep, deep eggplant shade that is almost black - almost a liquid version of Laura Mercier's Black Violet kohl pencil. On the eyes, this gives the definition of a black liner without looking too stark against the skin. At the same time, it doesn't have the muddiness of dark brown liners. Overall, a great liner shade for olive/tan complexions.

What I don't like - the ridiculously long wand. It's literally like 4-5 inches long. I don't know when cosmetics companies will understand that this does not make application easier.

What I'm neutral on - the felt tip. It's kind of funny - very easy to use and gives a surprisingly fine line. However, it's not tapered to give that pen-like form. Just kind of strange. But hey, it works, so I'm not complaining.

This is one of the few purchases in recent makeup history that I have not returned - give it a try! $7.99 @ Drugstores

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com